Dingfengfang, which has a floor space of 2097 square meters and covers an area of 1900 square meters, was started during the Daoguang and Xianfeng period in Qing Dynasty by Zheng Jingfeng, who founded the Quanshengyuan Postoffice in Ningbo and developed gradually its business home and abroad.
Houtanglou which is made up of both southern and northern sections was built during the Jiaqing period in Qing Dynasty. It has a floor space of 3900 square meters and covers an area of 4200 square meters. It is the largest in size and most representative in the building style in the whole complex of buildings. It was first built by Zhengqiang, who was an imperial scholar and later promoted a magistrate, so the front courtyard was named Jinshidi.
Xingfang, which has a floor space of 2380 square meters and covers an area of 3050 square meters, was built during the Xianfeng period in Qing Dynasty. Its owner, Zhengxun, was a heavyweight in the early banking during late Qing Dynasty in Ningbo. He was also a senior minister in the Qing Dynasty.
And his brother named Zhengxi was the founder of the old and famous Laofengxian Jewelry Shop
The pawnshop which has a floor space of 350 square meters and covers an area of 470 square meters was build during the Xianfeng period in Qing Dynasty. The pawnshop was named Shengyi, where it is said that almost everything could be pawned except sedan, coffin and the dead.
Wangyitang was built during the Daoguang period during Qing Dynasty. It is an extended part of Houtanglou, having a floor space of 730 square meters and covering an area of 523 square meters, used as the study of Houtanglou. The name Wangyi was taken from a book of Buddhist scripture.
Yuanmaofang, which covers an area of 432 square meters and has a floor space of 595 square meters, was built during the Guangxu period in Qing Dynasty. The name of building means prosperous business and plentiful money and treasure.
Zangfang is one section of Xingfang, which covers an aera of 2788 square meters and has a floor space of 1750 square meters. It was first built as the bedrooms for domestic servants and employees and warehouses as well.
Lifang, which covers an area of 1967 square meters and has a floor space of 2190 square meters, was built during Jiaqing period in Qing Dynasty. The earliest owner, Zheng Debiao, born in the Jiaqing period, abandoned his study for business and won great success only in his early twenties. He was keen on contributing to Charity by donating clothes and fields to the poor and building bridges and roads for the public.
Qialitang, which covers an area of 750 square meters and has a floor space of 210 square meters, was built as female ancestral temple of the Zhengs. The temple was specially built for the female by the clan, which was very rare in old China.